It makes me giddy with excitement to write this post. You see, we are thinking that maybe this year for Christmas our gifts to each other and the kids will be a trip to Disney! Yippee! We will probably go in February. . . but it will still be our Christmas gift. Part of the rationale is that our kids DO NOT NEED ANYMORE TOYS! For heavens sake they have plenty that they don’t even play with. Secondly, the only way we can really make this trip affordable is if we put our Christmas savings with our vacation savings (that we had to stop saving for over a year ago). So, I am already wanting to start planning the trip. I love to have something to look forward to and this is a BIG something! I have been to Disney several times. . . as a kid, a college student (for a VOLS bowl game) and once for a conference where Rick came and joined me for a couple of days of fun in the park.
This will be our kids FIRST experience at Disney. And I want to take them while they are both still into all the playhouse Disney characters and they still find the princesses to be magical! It will just be so fun. Okay, so this is where I need ALL the help I can get. I know that many of you have taken a trip or two or ten to Disney. Some on a small budget and some of you just blew it out! I want as much info as you can give me. Here are some of my initial questions that will help me plan:
1) Where did you stay? On the Disney property or elsewhere? What were your accommodations like? Spacious? Price-range?
2) Did you purchase a meal plan? If so, which one? And do you remember what that included?
3) Did you fly or drive? I am almost positive we will fly. . . but I am still curious.
4) Did you get a base ticket or park hopper passes? Do you like the choice you made? Did you actually use the benefits of a park hopper pass if you got one?
5) What parks are best for a 5 and 6 year old? (Ava Jane will be almost 5)
I would appreciate any and all information you want to share!! I am getting excited just thinking about it! Wahoo for Disney!