Trying to Play Catch Up

Apparently settling into a new house and having my oldest child start kindergarten have zapped me of all my energy.  I haven’t had the time to get on here and post like I normally do.  So I guess it is time to play catch up.  We have had a lot and a lot of nothing going on.  It’s funny how sending a child to school can alter so much of your normal routine.  We have a new “normal” now. . . including savoring our family time on the weekend.  The first few weeks of school Addison continually asked when it would be Saturday.  She has learned at the young age of 5 to appreciate the weekend already!  🙂  Our Saturdays are much different now than they used to be.  I love not having to get up, get ready and be somewhere at a certain time.  We have been hanging around in our pj’s and enjoying eating breakfast together for the past few Saturday mornings.  It is really so much fun.  This week we slept until 7:30!  I can’t remember the last time I got to sleep that late.  Most of our Saturday (this weekend) was spent at home hanging out.  My dad and Karen came over to visit for a little while and the girls both napped on Saturday afternoon.  We had a birthday party on Saturday night that was a family event.  Lots of fun and GREAT weather.

Sunday we went to church and Rick got a call saying that there were four tickets to the Titans game waiting for us if we wanted them.  Yippee.  Ava Jane and I have never been to a Titans game before.  The girls were thrilled when we picked them up after Sunday School and told them the plan.  We were a few minutes late to the game, but that was fine.  The seats were AWESOME. . . but from the time we sat down the girls were asking for food. . . that was after they had already eaten a huge hot dog upon arrival.  By half-time they were over it.  Whining, hungry, hot. . . but then the TSU band came out and played and Ava Jane was entranced.  They had a girls dance team too that the girls enjoyed watching.  It was jammin’ and when we announced that we were leaving they both asked to stay.  Rick and I agreed. . . but we decided to leave at the end of the 3rd quarter.  It felt like it was about 6:00 at night, but it was only 2:30 in the afternoon.  They both thanked Rick for getting the tickets (which he scored from his office – Thanks Elite!) and said they had a good time.  I think it might be better with just one child at a time. . . or maybe next time it will be just me and Rick!  Yeah!  That sounds better to me.  But it was a fun family experience for us. . . as we left the stadium we saw all the tailgating tents and grills left out to cool. . . and we decided to cook out for dinner.  Bedtime came early tonight for the girls.  And they fell asleep as soon as they hit the pillow!  I think I hear my pillow calling my name. . . I’ll try to be back soon to fill in the past few weeks for us. . . they have just flown by and all I think I have done is drive back and forth to school twice a day and do laundry in between!  Go figure!


2 Responses to “Trying to Play Catch Up”

  1. Sandy Sundberg Says:

    Hey Amy! Found your blog. Absolutely hilarius!!!!! Thanks for the laughs! I’ll share it with Emma tomorrow…..

  2. The Bargain Shopper Lady Says:

    Cute blog! Your kids are beautiful!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: