Little House on the Prairie
There has never been a TV show as great as Little House. I love every episode and have seen them all a million times. My girls love it too. We have seasons one and three on DVD and they love them. I still can’t watch when Mary goes blind. I cry and cry. . . and I know what is coming AND everything that will happen to her in her life as a blind woman. I have to turn the channel when I know it is time for her to scream out for Pa. Gut wrenching!!! I turned on the TV this afternoon and went to the Hallmark Channel to see what episode was on today (click here to see the schedule for this month). . . Christmas on Plum Creek. One of my very favorites. . . everyone works and sacrifices for someone else to have a gift. Pa got Laura a saddle for Bunny (her horse). Laura traded Bunny to buy Ma a new stove. Mary made a new shirt for Pa and Ma had made him one too, but she hid hers under the tree skirt when he opened his gift from Mary. And Carrie spent her penny to buy a star for the top of the tree so the wise men could see to find Baby Jesus. I just love it! Here are some other reasons I love this show:
1) Ma respects Pa and Pa loves Ma well.
2) The children are, well, children, but they honor, respect and obey their parents.
3) Everyone works hard and they don’t seem to complain much.
4) Ma trusts Pa and he is the leader of the home. . . You can almost see Ma bite her tongue sometimes because she thinks before she speaks.
5) Miss Beatle is the BEST teacher in the world!
6) Mr. Edwards song, “Ole Dan Tucker was a fine old man. Washed his face in a frying pan. Combed his hair with a wagon wheel. Stuck a toothpick in his heel. Get out the way for ole Dan Tucker. It’s too late to get his supper. Supper’s over and dinner’s cookin’, ole Dan Tucker just stands there lookin!”
7) The banks of Plum Creek are absolutely beautiful and I would have loved to have been a kid then and been able to play outside and walk everywhere and fish in the creek and enjoy life on the Ingall’s farm.
8 ) Nellie grates on my nerves and so does Mrs. Oleson. . . but I love them on the show.
9) Wouldn’t you love to have Doc Baker, Mr. Hansen and Reverend Alden as your friends?
10) Everyone in the town pitches in when someone needs help and they work together as a community should.
There are a hundred other things I could say about the show. Do you like Little House on the Prairie? What is your favorite episode?