I was tagged by Angela to write seven things about myself that you may not know. Here goes:
1. Three of my dear friends in life are actually girls that I knew as a young child. . . and we have been “reunited” as friends in our adult mommy world! Christy Puckett and I were in Mother’s Day Out Together from the age of 2. We then went to school together from 4th-9th grade and were the BEST of friends. And look at where we are now! Amy Smithson and I share the same first name b/c our mothers were close friends and pregnant at the same time and both liked the name Amy. Since my mom was living in Nashville and Amy S’s mom was living in another town, they decided it would be okay b/c we would never be around each other! And look at where we are today! And Tracy Brothers and I grew up as little girls going to FCA Camp every summer in Black Mountain, NC, where we stayed at the YMCA Blue Ridge Assembly. And we didn’t see each other for years and were reunited about 7 years ago! What a small world!
2. I have had dinner at the home of Dr. James Dobson and his wife, Shirley. In college I spent a semester at the newly formed Focus on the Family Insitute. I was part of the second class (and we were pretty small). We had a special dinner at their house and then went into the rec room for some “chat” time with the Dobsons. It was a night I will NEVER forget. If only I had access to Dr. Dobson now that I am a mom!!!!
3. I sang on an album with Sandi Patty when I was 10. Background vocals for “Purest Praise.”
4. As a teenager, I babysat for a family with four children(ages 4, 3 and twins 6 months – when I started with them). I babysat every Saturday ALL day long. Sometimes I had just two (the twins) and sometimes all of them. I fantasized about being the mom of four children one day. Until I had two of my own. Then I decided that babysitting is WAAAAYY different than being a real mom. And I am perfectly thrilled with my two precious angels!
5. I am kind of a pack rat. Before we moved I cleaned out tubs that contained boxes, each labeled with a different semester of college, containing EVERY piece of mail I got during that semester. Unbelievable! I found credit card bills and was astounded at the money I spent on those things during college. And found some sweet letters and notes sent by family and friends. I threw away a lot, but not everything. After all, I will want to show my girls one day, won’t I?
6. Way before cell phones, I had a black patton purse in the shape of a phone. There was an actual handset as the handle and the numbers on the front of the purse. When you opened the purse, there was a place for you to run a phone cord to a jack in the wall and instantly have a working telephone. It was the coolest thing ever!
7. I absolutely LOVE the color hot pink, eating ice cream and my high school boyfriend, and now hubbie, Rick! And yes, I love my kids. . . but we always say that and I wanted you to know how much I LOVE my husband!!!
Okay. . . I tag Anna and Antonia!